Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Final Call

Exercise #2:
Over the course of the semester, I have learned how far a simple hello proceeded by an inquiry, can go.


After reading my blog, I have mixed emotions. I am amazed at many of the things I did and the timely fashion in which I completed most of them. I did a lot in just a few weeks. I am a tad disappointed because I feel as though I got lazy around Christmas break and could have pushed myself a little more.

Exercise #3

This semester, I have really pushed myself to do my very best. I have managed my time much better than I have in past years and also grown as a student. Leadership for Change has open my eyes to a myriad of possibilities and opportunities that are right before us if we just take the time to seek. Over the duration of the course, I both heard and witnessed people's dreams and aspirations unfolding. It didn't take much for this to happen yet, change didn't come on its own. We had to be active learners, workers, etc.

For the first time, I have been asked, "What is your dream? Touchstone? Target?"...instead of the usual, "What do you want to be when you grow up? Where do you want to work?" I am a firm believer that the way we both say and phrase things, has a major affect on the way we choose to interpret things. Too often, we are driven by economics and social status rather than how we feel in the depths of our heart and soul.

The three things I liked best about Leadership for Change were the blogs and being able to see my growth and steps toward my goal, the movies (all of them were AWESOME and very INSPIRATIONAL), and how engaging Dr. Rock is when it comes to her students. I also enjoyed the personal interactions with classmates and hearing and understanding their dreams as well as my own.

Aside from the Kill Your TV portion of the course, I cannot think of anything I disliked.

All in all, I think the course was amazing! If I could change one thing, it would probably be to monitor progress a little more in regards to the weekly duty report; possibly showing some proof of accomplishing the task. In closing, I just want to say good luck and blessings to all of my classmates and their future endeavors and thank you Dr. Rock for being such a positive influence in my life.

1 comment:

  1. COOLLLLLL!!when you offer classes email me. I need a good work-out.

    ReplyDelete