Glenn Keeney
President of the Professional Karate Commission
Master Keeney started studying karate in high school in 1957. "I used to hitchhike from Indiana to Cincinnati every weekend.
The dojo which was opened by Mr. Pickel (Keeney's instructor at the time) in 1966, was purchased by his 3 top students, Jerry Brown, Larry Davenport and Mr. Keeney. By 1969, Mr. Keeney had bought out his partners, and although they helped keep the doors open for many years, Komakai Academy was now his soul responsibility. In 1972 & 1973, Mr. Keeney was rated #1 fighter in the USKA, 1972 & 1973 top ten fighter by Official Karate magazine, 1973 top ten fighter by Professional Karate magazine, 1974 #4 fighter in the U.S. by Black Belt magazine and inducted into the Black Belt Hall of Fame in 1977. As an administrator, Mr. Keeney helped write the rule book for tournaments in the US Karate Association and was the Rules Chairman for 10 years. He was also a Trias International award holder. As a member of the USKA World Champion Team in 1971 and 1972, he traveled extensively in the US and abroad. The team went undefeated for both Good Will Tours.In the PKA, he served as a judge in the 1974 1st World Championships in Los Angeles, and was the head of their ratings committee for several years.
"I love karate and money, so that was my motivation to stay in business and do the things I needed to do. Maintaining the business wasn't really hard for me. But, there were always people that I felt didn't want to see me succeed. But then I realized, there always will be those types of people around no matter what you do."
Master Keeney is the head of the organization that my karate school is a part of. I wish to one day have my own dojo and also, lead the Professional Karate Commission also.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Nice!!!there always going to be haters around
ReplyDelete